How can I learn more about the history of diptyque?
Please visit the Our Story section to learn more about diptyque's history.
Does diptyque operate their own stores?
diptyque has stores in France, London, Dubai, New York City, and San Francisco.
How do I find my nearest diptyque retailer?
diptyque is carried by retailers throughout the world. Please visit our store locator to find the store location nearest you. General contact information can be found under our contact us section.
How do I inquire about Corporate Sales?
Please complete our Corporate Sales form and submit your inquiry. Please note that no VAT exemption will be granted for online orders. We invite you to contact us for any complementary information.
I would like to place a pre-order. What are the accepted payment methods?
If you place a pre-order, you can use any of your usual payment methods, except PayPal.
I just placed a pre-order. When will I receive my products?
All products are shipped at the same time and will be delivered on the date shown on the pre-ordered product page.
Where can I find more information on the Sloane Street pop-up prize draw?
Diptyque Sloane Street pop-up prize draw.
- Entry into the prize draw can be made via the pop-up store on Sloane Street only. No purchase is necessary.
- Entries valid from 23rd May – 5th June 2022. Entries received after the stated closing date will not be accepted.
- By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Services team.
- Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of the diptyque, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
- Entrants under 18 must get consent from their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before entering. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of entrants under 18 agree to these Terms and Conditions on behalf of the entrant.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. diptyque may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
- A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within one month of the prize draw or competition ending. The winner will receive details of the prize. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and diptyque will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to diptyque. UK mainland addresses only.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. diptyque reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the diptyque's control makes it necessary to do so. The decision of diptyque regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
Can I alter the details in my diptyque online account?
Before you can place an order at the diptyque online store, you will be asked to create a customer account. You can alter the information you provide at any time by logging into my account. Please see our terms and conditions for details of how we use the information that you provide to set up your diptyque customer account.
Which payment methods do you accept on line?
Payment can be made by Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Paypal, Klarna, WeChat Pay and Apple Pay.
At what stage is my credit card charged?
Your credit card will be charged at the point at which your order is shipped. Any products you order that are not immediately available will be shipped to you as soon as they are available and your credit card will be charged at the point of shipment. Postage will be charged only against the first shipment if the order is to the same delivery address.
Is it safe to use my credit card on your web site?
diptyque values its customers and respects their privacy. Any information we collect about you is held with the utmost care and security. We use the latest strong encryption technology to ensure that all transactional information is protected to the highest standard. Transactional information includes any credit or debit card details, your personal contact information, together with any other names and addresses you provide when you place an order for delivery to another address, and your purchasing history. If you have given your consent prior to entering the details required for the ordering process, our web site will retain your diptyque account details such as your name, address, email address and purchasing history. Each time you log into your diptyque account to create a new order you must re-enter your credit card details. Please see our terms and conditions for further details.
Can I still purchase an item that is out of stock?
If an item is out of stock you cannot add it to your website order. If you would like to place an order for an item which is out of stock please contact customer services; our team will be able to take a telephone order for you.
Will I receive an order acknowledgement via email?
In order to set up your diptyque customer account and purchase goods online, you will have provided us with your email address. You will receive an order acknowledgement via this email address.
How long do the candles burn?
diptyque candles are made to burn longer than most traditional candles. Our candles on average last from 50 to 60 hours with a proper burn.
How do I learn how to care for my candle?
On each candle page there is a section called candle care that contains instructions on how to maintain your candle.
Are diptyque candles made in France?
Yes. Our candles are made in France.
How are diptyque candles made?
Every candle is individually touched by hand and receives white glove treatment. For the complete story on diptyque's candle making process please review The Art of Candle Making.
Where can I purchase diptyque products?
It is easy to purchase diptyque products online. The online store offers the full line of diptyque products including limited edition or special online only products. Alternatively you can visit one of our diptyque stores or an authorized diptyque retailer. Please visit our store locator to find the store location nearest to you.
How can I obtain product samples?
We offer a complimentary product sample with every order.
Why are products discontinued?
Products will be discontinued if there is a significant decline in demand or to make way for new products. However, we will always be on hand to offer advice or recommendations on replacement or alternative products.
Delivery & Gift Wrapping
How long does it take to process an order?
All orders received before 11:00 a.m. BST Monday to Friday (except holidays) will process within 24 business hours - often the same day. Orders received after 11:00 a.m. BST, on weekends or holidays will process the next business day. Final delivery will be within 2-5 business days of order.
What are my delivery options?
Please see shipping methods during checkout for full details of the diptyque Paris delivery rates and services.
Can I ship an order outside the UK?
Orders made via the diptyque Paris online store can be delivered to addresses within the UK.
Will I have to sign for my delivery?
For security reasons, all parcels must be signed for on receipt. If you will not be at home during normal delivery hours you can provide us with an alternative secure delivery address where someone will be available to sign for your parcel.
Do you deliver to PO Boxes?
diptyque delivery service requires a signature on delivery, therefore we are unable to deliver to PO Boxes.
Can I have my order gift wrapped?
Select gift wrap by checking the appropriate box in our customer checkout and entering a gift message. Each order is wrapped in a signature diptyque gift box and is accompanied with a gift card. At this time we do not offer per item gift wrapping. Should you require separate gift wrapping, please place separate orders.
Cancellation and Returns Policy
We hope that you are happy with your order, but if for some reason you are not we have set out below a summary of your rights in the event that you wish to return a product. Full details in relation to such rights can be found in our Terms and Conditions for Product Sales, which you can access by clicking here.
Please follow the 3 steps outlined below to exercise your cancellation rights and return your goods to diptyque:
As you are a consumer you may, in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, cancel your order and obtain a refund within 28 days from delivery.
Pack your items securely with the Return Form in the package. Download a pre-paid shipping label from the diptyque Royal Mail Tracked Returns Portal, attach the label and drop off at the nearest post office.
All items must be returned unused, with authentic labels and in original packaging. You are responsible for returning the products to us as soon as possible. If goods returned are not in a re-sellable condition, we may not accept your return.
If you have purchased an item or items which were delivered with a ‘Gift with Purchase’, that ‘Gift with Purchase’ must be returned with the relevant item(s) in order for us to proceed with the remaining steps of this Returns Policy.
Please ensure that you obtain a proof of postage when you do post your package, as we do not accept responsibility for items which are lost in transit. Customers wishing to return fragrance items should have regard to any labelling and packaging guidelines produced by Royal Mail. See our Delivery & Returns page for details.
Please ensure that you obtain a proof of postage when you do post your package, as we do not accept responsibility for items which are lost in transit.
For more information on the Returns Process please see our Delivery & Returns page.
All returned goods will be examined upon receipt. We will not provide a full refund if the goods show signs of unreasonable use such as opened packaging.
Your right to return goods does not apply to goods:
(i) made to your specification; or
(ii) which have been clearly personalised (e.g. by being engraved); or
(iii) which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly; or
(iv) where sealed goods have been suppliedwhich are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery. eg: removal of the seal from a candle box.
If you have received goods which are damaged or faulty; or their packaging is damaged or faulty; or are not what you originally ordered, please contact us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide photos of the damaged goods or packaging so that we may ensure the returns and refund process is as simple as possible. Please provide the order number and ensure that you keep the box, packing materials including packing note and all items received for inspection. Please follow the returns process outlined in Step 1.
Your refund for the goods (including the initial standard delivery charge, but not the additional cost of any premium delivery option that was chosen) will be refunded by diptyque as soon as possible by the original payment method, no later than 14 days after we have received the goods (provided that you have returned the goods to us within 14 working days of delivery to you or your notifying us of cancellation).
In the interests of preventing or investigating fraudulent activity: (a) we may contact you regarding returns activity which is suspicious, and/or (b) we reserve the right to deactivate any account which is engaged in suspicious activity.
The above cancellation and refund rights are in addition to your statutory rights (under the Consumer Rights Act 2015) to return goods which are damaged or faulty, or not what you originally ordered. Further details of these rights are set out in our Terms and Conditions for Product Sales.
If you have any questions or for more information, we invite you to contact us on +44(0) 800 840 0010 or email@example.com (Monday to Friday: 9 am - 6 pm, and Saturday: 9 am – 4 pm (excluding public holidays)).
How can I check the status of my order?
Once we receive your order, diptyque will email your order number to you. Please quote this order number in all correspondence. You can contact our customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org with regard to your query.
Here are tips for safely prolonging the life of your candles.
The first time you burn your diptyque candle, allow it to burn for at least two hours, until the whole top is liquid with wax. This will help your candle burn more evenly the next time.
- Standard Candle: May burn up to 60 hours.
- Small Candle: May burn up to 30 hours.
- Colored Candles: May burn up to 90 hours.
- Large Indoor/Outdoor Candle: May burn up to 150 hours.
Trim the Wick
Before lighting your diptyque candle, trim the wick to 1/4-inch length. By shortening the wick you allow it to burn more slowly and also avoid unsightly black smoke marks around the edge of the glass.
Realign the Wick
After blowing out your candle, re-center and straighten the wick.
Never leave a lit candle unattended. This could be a fire risk. Always place your candle on a level, heat resistant, non-flammable surface away from fabric or drapes. Choose an area free from drafts to avoid uneven burning. Do not place your candle on a marble or glass surface. If the bottom of the hot candle glass comes in contact with a cold material, the glass may crack.
Date of Last Update: March 2018
Welcome to diptyqueparis.com (the "Site"), a website operated in the United Kingdom by Saint Germain Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales with company registration number 04338898, VAT number 791414425 and whose registered office is located at 43 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7JL ("Diptyque", "we", "us" or "our").
This Site uses functional, performance, marketing and personalisation cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
• Strictly necessary/essential cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of this Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of this Site or use the Shopping Cart.
• Analytical/performance cookies. These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around this Site. This helps us to improve the way this Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
• Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to this Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
• Targeting cookies. These record your visit to this Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make this Site more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 30 days.
General Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions page.
Please read our Brexit FAQs page.
The information below is required for social login
Create New Account
To enjoy access to exclusive benefits