- Complimentary shipping on all orders
- Complimentary diptyque gift-wrapping
- Luxury samples with every order
- Receive a sample of your fragrance with your order
- Free returns
Terms and conditions
This Site is not designed for and does not collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under the age of 13.
THE SECTION ENTITLED "DISPUTES'' CONTAINS PROVISIONS WHICH WAIVE YOUR ABILITY
- TO HAVE YOUR DISPUTE HEARD BEFORE A JURY AND
- TO BRING A CLASS ACTION. THEY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ THEM.
Copyright and Ownership of Rights
All design, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio and video clips, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all software on the Site is Copyright ©2018 Diptyque SAS, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all content on the Site is the exclusive property of Diptyque SAS or its affiliates and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on the Site is the property of Diptyque SAS or its software suppliers and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Any use of this Site or its contents, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use is prohibited without our prior permission in each instance. You may not modify, delete, distribute or post anything on this Site for any purpose.
Diptyqueparis.com, other trademarks, logos and service marks as well as all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are registered and unregistered service marks, designs, trademarks, and/or trade dress ('intellectual property') of Diptyque our affiliates, our licensors and/or our suppliers in the United Kingdom, France, United States and may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not offered by Diptyque in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us. All intellectual property displayed on our Site are protected by trademark laws in the United Kingdom, France, the United States and internationally. Except in connection with placing an order for merchandise or as required by applicable law, you may not use, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, access, modify or otherwise exploit our intellectual property or that of our suppliers without our or their prior written consent.
Accuracy of Content
The packaging of our products may vary from that shown. The weights and dimensions of our products are approximate only. We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the color of the products that appear on the Site. However, as the actual colors you see will depend on your personal computer equipment, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the merchandise on delivery. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Diptyque disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this Site. We are not responsible for the content of any Third Party Sites. Links appearing on this Site are for your convenience only and are not an endorsement by us of the content, products, services or suppliers connected therewith. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise from the use of any of the information contained in any of the materials on this Site or in Third Party Sites.
Damage To Your Computer
Diptyque makes every effort to ensure that this Site is free from viruses or defects. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of this Site or any websites accessible through it (including Third Party Sites) won't cause damage to your computer. It is your responsibility to ensure that the right equipment is available to use the Site and screen out anything that may damage it. Diptyque will not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this Site.
If you access the Sites via your mobile phone, we do not currently charge for this access. Please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees or data charges, will still apply.
Limitation of Liability
The Site and its content and services are presented "AS IS". To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content or services, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, in contract, warranty or in tort (including negligence) arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- inaccuracies or omissions in any content displayed on our Site.
In particular, we will not be liable in contract, warranty or in tort (including negligence) for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect, special, incidental or consequential loss or damage.
The preceding provisions are subject to the terms of the section entitled 'Notice to Residents of New Jersey'.
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below;
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- To circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site or features that prevent or restrict use of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein; or
- To interfere with or disrupt the Site, or servers or networks connected to the Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site, including by using any device, software or routine to bypass robot exclusion headers.
You also agree:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Submission of Information
You also agree that your information may not be returned and we may use your information and any ideas, concepts or know-how contained therein, for any purpose. Furthermore, if you send us any such information you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise are entitled to any and all rights to the information and that your information does not contain or constitute software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or 'spam' in any form.
You may not impersonate any person or entity or use any false email address or otherwise mislead diptyque as to the origin of the information submitted and you agree to indemnify diptyque and hold diptyque harmless from and against any claims arising from your claims and/or any third party's claims to any rights in any such information. This provision is subject to the section entitled 'Notice to Residents of New Jersey'.
User Generated Material
By submitting ideas, designs, customizations, creative concepts, or any other information ("User Generated Material") to this Site (or to our accounts on any Third Party Sites), you accept and agree that you assign and /or waive all ownership of and rights (including moral rights) in or to any intellectual property rights and other rights in the User Generated Material to diptyque. To the extent such transfer is not valid, you grant diptyque, by submitting the User Generated Material to this Site, a worldwide, non-exclusive, fully paid, perpetual, royalty free license to use, including but not limited to a right to copy, modify, publicly display, distribute and to sublicense (all or parts of), the User Generated Material for any purposes as it deems fit, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving this Site or other products or services both online and offline.
All User Generated Material shall be deemed to be non-confidential. diptyque shall be entitled to use or disclose the User Generated Material in any manner whatsoever, without liability or notice to you. You acknowledge and agree that you shall have no claim against diptyque or any other party should any User Generated Material created, posted or sent by you be used in the above sense by diptyque or any part of its group.
You warrant that:
- you own or are otherwise entitled to any and all rights in any User Generated Material;
- any User Generated Material is not, and does not contain, material which is offensive, abusive, pornographic, defamatory, blasphemous or unlawful, and does not infringe, or potentially infringe, the rights of a third party or any applicable law including, in particular, any intellectual property rights;
- any User Generated Material is original and is not copied in whole or in part from any third party;
- any User Generated Material does not contain or constitute software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or 'spam' in any form; and
- you will not impersonate any person or entity or use any false email address or otherwise mislead us as to the origin of any User Generated Material submitted, and you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless from and against any claims arising from your claims and/or any third party claims to any rights in any User Generated Material.
You agree that Diptyque:
- does not, and has no obligation to, review the User Generated Material;
- is not in any manner responsible for User Generated Material;
- does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of User Generated Material; and
- cannot assure that harmful, inaccurate, deceptive, offensive, threatening, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise objectionable User Generated Material will not appear on this Site.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, Diptyque reserves the right to moderate all User Generated Material, and to decline the submission of, edit the content of, or remove from this Site, any User Generated Material in its absolute discretion, for example because it infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, because the content is inappropriate, obscene, or abusive, or for any other reason. Diptyque is under no obligation to inform you of the reasons for such intervention.
No failure to exercise and no delay on the part of Diptyque in exercising any right, remedy, power or privilege of Diptyque under these terms & conditions and no course of dealing between us shall be construed or operate as a waiver, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege on the part of Diptyque.
Notice of Residents of New Jersey
Your rights are protected under the Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act and New Jersey law generally.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right, at any time, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the the Site and to block or prevent your future access to and use of the Site. Diptyque may access, preserve and disclose your account information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to
- comply with legal process;
- respond to claims that any actions by you violate the rights of third parties,
-respond to your requests for customer service, or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of diptyque (and its employees), its users and the public.
145 West 28th Street, 7th Fl
New York, NY
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
If you believe your work or content has been copied and posted to the Sites in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Diptyque's designated copyright agent the following written information in accordance with the DMCA:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed upon;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Sites;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address (if available); and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Our DMCA designated copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this Web site is the Managing Director of Diptyque USA LLC, who can be reached as follows:
145 West 28th Street, 7th Fl
New York, NY
Fraud Protection Program
As part of our order processing procedures, we screen all received orders for fraud or other types of unauthorized or illegal activity. We reserve the right to refuse to process an order due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. If such is the case, we may reject your order or our Customer Service department may call you at the phone number you provided (or use your email address) to confirm your order. We also reserve the right to cancel any accounts or refuse to ship to certain addresses due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. We take these measures to protect our customers as well as ourselves from fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
Consent to Receive Notices Electronically
Any claim or dispute between you and Diptyque that arises in whole or in part from the Site shall be decided exclusively before a Judge in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York. YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO ELECT THAT A JURY DECIDES YOUR CLAIM. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED. The preceding sentence is subject to the section entitled 'Notice to Residents of New Jersey'.
YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY IN YOUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OF REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED THAT YOU MAY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN DECIDING TO AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS SECTION 'DISPUTES'.
Last Updated: May 2018
Information we collect from you
Information you give us.
You may give us information by filling in forms on our site https://www.diptyqueparis.com/ or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you:
• register to use our Site (which you must do if you would like to use some of the services and features we offer on our website),
• subscribe to our services,
• place an order on our Site,
• post content to the Site through reviews or comments, and
• visit our social media platforms (which would include your name, profile picture, likes, location, friend list and other information described in the social media application sign-up page).
This information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and debit or credit card information (if you wish to place an order on our website). When you register with us, you can view your personal information in 'My Account'. You can access 'My Account' directly to change any personal details, for example if you move and want to change your address. If you forget your password, simply click on the 'forgotten password' link on the register or login page and an email containing your decrypted password will be sent to the email address you originally provided.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we use the following various technologies to automatically collect information about you:
• Cookies: these are small bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies remember information about your activities on the Site to make your visits to our Site more enjoyable and valuable to you by providing a customized experience and recognizing your preferences when you visit our Site. If you've chosen to disable cookies on your browser, some of the functionality of our Site may be lost. Certain of our web pages, particularly those that require a login and password, require that cookies be enabled in your browser and cannot be used when you have disabled cookies in your browser.
• Flash Cookies (also called Local Shared Objects or "LSOs"): these are data files similar to cookies, except that they can store more complex data. Flash cookies are used to remember settings, preferences, and usage, particularly for video, interactive gaming, and other similar services.
• Web beacons, clear pixels, or pixel tags: these are small graphic images on a Web page or in an e-mail that can be used for such things as recording the pages and advertisements clicked on by users, or tracking the performance of e-mail marketing campaigns.
• Web server logs: these are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages you request to your browser. For example, a web server log may record the search term you entered or the link you clicked to bring you to a webpage on our Site. The Web server log also may record information about your browser, such as your IP address and the cookies set on your browser by the server.
• Geo-location technologies: this refers to technologies that permit us to determine your location. We may ask you to manually provide location information on our Site, or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information. We may also automatically collect general location information from your web browser.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we (or any member or brand within our group) operate or other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closing with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Children under age 13.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 you can look at our Site, but you may not make a purchase, register, or submit any personal information to us. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
What we do with the information
We use information collected from you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information in relation to:
(a) Administration of our Site: The information you give us is necessary to enable us to (i) fulfil your order (including acknowledging your order and communicating with you if there is any issue regarding the fulfilment of your order), (ii) to make sure your order is delivered correctly and (iii) to maintain your account.
(b) Customer service: We ask for your contact details, such as your email address and telephone number, to enable us to answer any questions you have about using our Site and to notify you about the status of your orders.
(c) Direct Marketing: We want to keep you up to date on our latest products, promotional offers and events.
Electronic Marketing. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or text) about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations for a sale. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your personal information, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have expressly consented to this.
Other Marketing. We will only contact you by mail or telephone if you have expressly consented to this contacts.
(d) Our service: To notify you about changes to our service.
(e) Our Site: To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, and so that we can enhance your experience of using our site.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information in relation to:
(a) Administration of our Site: To administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
(b) Site improvement: To improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
(c) Customer service: The information we collect from you will allow us to (i) let you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, (ii) measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, and (iii) make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
(d) Security of our site: As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member or brand within our group, which means our parent company, Manzanita US Investments LP (a US limited partnership), and any of its subsidiaries. Please visit www.manzanitacapital.com for more information about our group and brands.
From time to time we retain the services of third party companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the successful operation and continuous improvement of this Site. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
(a) Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you (e.g. in order to process your order and maintain your account, including the authorisation and validation of credit or debit card transactions, the provision of delivery services, the analysis of data, etc. These companies or individuals may be provided with access to your personal details in order to fulfil their function but may not use such information for any other purpose).
(b) Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others.
(c) Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Other than as set forth above with respect to our parent company and any member or brand within our group, we do not rent, sell or otherwise provide your personal details to third party companies or individuals for their marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
(a) In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
(b) If Diptyque USA LLC (or its ultimate parent company) or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
We use the latest encryption technology to ensure that all transactional information you provide to us is protected to the highest standard. Transactional information includes any credit or debit card details, your personal contact information, together with any other names and addresses you provide when you place an order for delivery to another address, and your purchasing history. If you have given your consent prior to entering the details required for the ordering process, our web site will retain your diptyque account details such as your name, address, email address and purchasing history. Each time you log into your diptyque account to create a new order you must re-enter your credit card details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain the information we collect from you until you elect to no longer receive communications from us.
Third party websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Email and SMS Opt-Out
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications (i) by mail by following the instructions that are included in a particular promotion, (ii) by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or (iii) by SMS by following the "STOP" instructions provided with the message. If you have registered with us, you also may opt out of receiving marketing materials (by mail, email and/or SMS) by logging into your account and changing your preferences.
Notices for California Residents
California Do Not Track Notice.
(a) Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser "do not track" signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer's online activities over time and across third party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we do not track our customers' personal information over time and across third-party websites and therefore this requirement does not apply to us.
(b) California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users' online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator's website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. We do not knowingly permit such third parties to collect any personal information from our Site unless you directly provide it to us and we provide it to them with your consent.
Notice for Minors.
We may offer interactive services which allow you to post content to share publicly or with friends. At any time you can delete or remove content you have posted using the deletion or removal options within our services. If you have questions about how to remove content in a specific service or if you would like additional assistance with deletion you can contact our customer support team at email@example.com Although we offer deletion capability, you should be aware that the removal of content may not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that content or information posted through the services.
Under California law, you have the right to request and receive information from us concerning any third parties who have received personal information about you from us for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Any such requests for information from us can be made by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diptyque Customer Service
145 W 28th St Fl 7
New York, NY, 10001
+1 (646) 560-1820