DO SON BOOK
Photographed by Tim Walker.
This limited-edition book is a photographic reinterpretation of Do Son’s poetic universe. The master photographer’s revolutionary vision draws inspiration from his childhood and the great Masters of Literature and Painting.
Through his eyes, Do Son takes on a dreamlike dimension where each of its facets becomes a world in itself – a world hovering between the fantastic and the imaginary. As the pages turn, perfume transforms into images… A wooden ship sails on a misty ocean, a sculpted pagoda becomes a shelter of shimmering butterflies, a gentle puff of smoke caresses the waves before capturing the heady perfume of tuberoses.
Here the sweetness of a moment suspended in time, one that charms the senses. An encounter between a memory of flowers and reflections of a childhood spent in Indochina.
Dimensions : 28 x 32 cm
As a child, Yves Coueslant, one of diptyque’s founders, spent his summers at the seaside in pagoda that his father had built in Do Son, close to Halong Bay. Far from the humid heat of the large port in Haiphong, the air was cooler there . The sea breeze carried with it the heady and slightly spicy scent of tuberoses that his mother loved so much. Do Son has both, the delicateness and the persistence of a memory from a childhood in Indochina.
- Standard delivery (3-5 working days) is free for all orders of £50 or more. Delivery fees for orders below £50 are £5.
- Same day delivery by courier (available for select zip codes in London) is available for £12 and free for all orders of £180 or more.
- Click & Collect from a London boutique (1-6 working days) is free for all orders.
- We do not ship to the Channel Islands
- You can return a product within 28 days of delivery.
- All items must be returned unused, with authentic labels and in original packaging.
- Products which have been personalized cannot be returned.
- Refunds are processed within 14 days upon receipt of your returned parcel.